Monday, January 28, 2008

Snowball Cookies

I know most people love their chocolate chip cookies, but if I had to choose my favorite cookie, I honestly think this would be it! It's my grandmother Leann's snowball cookie recipe. Sometimes I've heard other people refer to them as Mexican Wedding Cookies. Either way, whatever you want to call them, they are DELICIOUS!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup ground walnuts
a small bowl of powdered sugar

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add vanilla, flour, and walnuts. Roll into one inch balls and bake for 30 minutes at 300 F.

Roll in a bowl of powdered sugar when they are hot out of the oven.

After rolling all of the cookies, roll them in the sugar once again for a second coat.

Now, try to be a lady and refrain from eating the whole plate in one sitting. It's difficult!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Mmmm. It's a cold windy day here, I just might have to make those!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Cookies like these are addictive! I'll have to try this recipe!