Sunday, August 30, 2015

Mom's Taco Pizza


In the spring this year, I decided to do a 10-day green smoothie cleanse. I felt great . . . until my parents came to visit over the weekend and my mom made this pizza. I was on day 8 all I wanted to do was eat it! [Note to self: no cleanses when company comes to visit.] I've been wanting to make it ever since I watched everyone else eat it...my mouth is watering just thinking about it. And this week, I finally did it. It's a great weeknight meal that comes together very quickly and is very filling and satisfying. 

The measurements below are estimations. You can't really go wrong with this. After the crust, add as much as you'd like of each ingredient and enjoy. 

Ingredients
1 pre-prepared Pizza Crust
1 15 oz can refried black beans (or refried beans of your preference)
**chunks of rotisserie chicken (I didn't add this to mine, but my mom put it on hers)
2 cups shredded cheese (Monterray Jack and Cheddar)
1 small package mixed spring greens
1 avocado, sliced
1/3 cup shredded queso seco
fresh spicy salsa (to your liking)

Preheat the oven to 450. Spread black beans to cover the crust leaving a thin edge along the outside of the crust. Sprinkle shredded cheese to cover beans. 

Reduce oven temperature to 425 and bake crust with beans and cheese for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. 

Remove the crust from the oven. Let cool slightly and add greens, pico, queso seco (Mexican dry cheese), and sliced avocados.


Cut into pizza slices and serve with your choice of spicy salsa . . . we like this one.



No comments: