Friday, September 14, 2007

Garden Fresh Chicken Tacos

My dear friend Emily had Marcela and I over for lunch last week. She's been working in her garden all summer and our lunch was filled with the delicious fruits (and veggies) of her harvest. She sent us home with the most delicious bunch of tomatoes and Italian Cucumbers (which are GIGANTIC). We had chicken tacos with fresh veggies and fresh peaches with vanilla-bean ice cream on top. Unfortunately we ate that so fast, I didn't get a picture, but I'm sure you can envision it. Here's how she did the Tacos:

Place 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast in a crockpot with taco seasoning and a little bit of water. Cook and shred.

Heat both sides of corn tortillas on skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil.

Dice the following: (most delicious if the ingredients come fresh from someone's garden!)
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Green Peppers
Spinach Leaves
(I might add fresh cilantro if I had some on hand)

Top with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream and ENJOY!

Thanks Emily! I'm still enjoying all the fruits and veggies you shared with us!

I love Harvest Season!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

I was just wondering last night "I wonder if Daisy is going to change her header now that summer is over?" You were reading my mind. These tacos look scrumptious…don't you love garden goods from other people? It makes me feel domestic (well, probably moreso if I grew them myself!)

Jessica said...

I'm so glad the rest of the world recognizes summer is over! I've been telling Ben for months now that fall is coming (I'm not a fan of the summer heat and I really love fall!). Maybe after I show him your blog he'll agree it's time to decorate for fall!